Airswift has been tasked by one of our clients to find a Lab Sampling Technician to join their team on a 1-year assignment to work on their facilities in Foster Creek, AB. Transportation will be provided.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Perform sampling tasks throughout the plant site and field to support critical and core analysis for our operations, ensuring these samples are representative of the source.
- Carry out routine and non-routine lab sampling of waters, gases, and oils
- Maintain all Operations satellite labs by ensuring instruments are calibrated
- Provide additional support by assisting in the lab with routine lab testing whenever their primary sampling tasks have been completed and/or laboratory workload is not able to be maintained due to lab technologist vacation/temporary vacancy.
- Support stakeholders on projects, R&D, and operations optimization
- Troubleshoot plant process/sampling issues
- Look for and lead efforts to improve processes and procedures as it relates to the position
- Carry out routine and non-routine lab sampling
- Communicate with Operations on plant issues impacting sampling and safety
- Ensure proper safety protocols are in place and in practice when performing duties
- Identify issues that impact safety, environment and/or production
Education / Professional Designations / Qualifications
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- High school education, or equivalent
- 7 days on, 7 days off; 11.43 hours per day.