Our client is seeking a Contract Manager to work in The Hague, Netherlands
- Market research of potential contractors
- Assisting with pre-award contracting (such as preparing ITB, going to the market, evaluating pricing, drafting contracts) for e.g. Jetty package, civil packages, structural steel packages etc.)
- Prepare and Review of Inquiry Packages (Construction Contract SoW Description, Scoping Sheets, Unit Rate Descriptions, and related Inquiry drawings and specifications) before issue to market: for all contract trades, from the contractor's perspective: clarity, completeness, consistency, with focus on “who does what”, responsibilities, grey areas.
- Assisting with post-award contracting (such as administrating the contracts awarded, managing the contractors from a commercial perspective, managing of changes, etc.)
Development and maintenance of templates for Construction Contract Scope of Work (SoW) Descriptions, Scoping Sheets (combination of quantities & pricing), and Unit Rate Descriptions
- Allocating Technical Scope Interfaces (like grouting, penetrations etc.) to the “right” contract, within the frame work of the project specific Contracting Strategy/Plan. This includes preparing, facilitating and reporting of scope allocation workshops, which are attended by engineers, contracts manager, construction manager, and Worley/Client project management.
- General advice & assistance.
- Hands-on involvement in projects to actually prepare SoW, Scoping Sheets and Unit Rate descriptions (based on the available templates), and to coordinate release of this package for issue to market, in particular for “special” cases such as supply & erect equipment contracts, multi-discipline construction contracts, unusual scopes, etc.
- Effectively communication skills in particular in relation to other departments (engineering disciplines & construction) and takes a leadership role in preparing and presenting proposals and reports to the Senior Contracts Manager.
- Fluent written and spoken English & Dutch
- Negotiation skills
- Eye for detail, without getting lost in detail
- Multidiscipline and therefore able to understand people and deliverables from all disciplines involved and thus able to look beyond discipline boundaries.
- Understanding of practical implementation issues (constructability, sequencing of the work etc.).
- Proven track record in preparation of SoW’s and related deliverables, compiling of Service Agreements and Construction Contract Packages
- Advanced MS-Word and MS-Excel skills.