Our client, a leading international company specialising in the energy sector is looking for an experienced Contract Engineer to work in their offices in Paris, residential. This is a 12 month contract which can last up to 5 years as you would be working on a major offshore oil & gas project.
As a contract engineer, you will:
- Take under consideration knowledge of International standard and norms, Company Rules and Specifications (CR’s/GS’s), Project Procedures, etc. related to Contract and Procurement and their application to the Project.
- Be in charge for the contracts of the preparation and management of the contracting process for the contracts to be placed. This includes:
o The preparation of tendering dossiers (General and Particular specifications, Exhibits), the launching of Call For Tenders, the management of the clarification / negotiation phases, the evaluation of contractual and commercial proposals and the issue of final Recommendations To Award.
o The preparation / coordination of the final set of contractual / commercial / technical documentation for these contracts.
o The preparation and follow-up of the associated Commitments process (with their registering in the affiliate / Head office tools (ERP / Contract Data base …)).
- Manage contractually and commercially the awarded Contracts, and liaise actively with relevant technical specialists for the technical management of Contractors. This includes :
o The management of the process associated with contractual and commercial changes (Change Orders) according to Change Order Procedure and Delegation of Authorities in force, with the coordination of the requests for changes, the participation to Change orders meetings with Contractors and the follow-up of the associated approval process.
o The participation in remuneration process to Contractors thanks to the checking of Contractors progress (in coordination with other Project team members (Technical leads, Planning engineers, Cost Controllers, …) and the compilation of Milestone Payment Certificates and Contractors Invoices,
o The participation to meetings with Contractors as requested and as defined in Contracts,
o The participation in the settlement of disputes together with legal, insurance and finance specialists
- Liaise actively with all concerned technical specialists involved in the technical development / management of said contracts, but also with the Project Control team (mainly Planning, Budget and Cost Control leads) for the development / management of the contracts.
- Ensure that clear and accurate records of contractual matters are maintained and monitor key dates, against dates defined in the contracts.
- Support the Budget and Cost Control team in the development of Project Budget and subsequent revisions (as requested) according to actual expenditure versus planned budget, current and potential changes ...
- Report timely to the to Project management highlighting any encountered area of concern.
- Perform the close-out of the Contracts respecting Affiliate / Project procedures
- Observe and impose strict confidentiality with regard to the Contractual and Commercial documentation managed (Confidentiality Agreement to be signed)
The activity takes place in the context of the pre-FID phase of a major project in Suriname, a land of opportunity, in affiliate being created and whose challenges and scope are currently being defined (appraisal phase in 2021): offshore deep water project.
The technical challenges the project will face are the reservoirs development and management, the Lease & Operate FPSO and subsea production/injection system definition.
Duration : 1 year minimum to 5 years after FPSO, SURF and SPS packages contracts award
Location (country/site): France / Paris
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Qualification: High experience in writing, negotiating and managing Oil & Gas contracts, ideally working on offshore projects.
- Languages: English and French mandatory
- Professional Experience: At least 15 years
- Experience within project: At least 10 years
- An experience in FPSO Lease & Operate will be a great plus