Our client, a leading Chemical company, is seeking a Chemical Operator to work in Livonia, Michigan on a full-time 1-year contract.
- At the direction of the shift supervisor, work with Resin and ISO operators to fill 55-gallon steel drums and composite IBC totes with liquid chemicals.
- Driving sit-down fork trucks and moving pallets and totes of product throughout the plant.
- Operate plant equipment in a manner and condition to safely produce a quality product.
- Maintain housekeeping and 5S practices at an excellent level.
- Give an accurate and relevant turnover to relief operators in both verbal and written formats.
- Perform equipment, safety, and other required checks or inspections in an accurate, neat, and timely manner (e.g. plant safety checklists, area inspections, respirator, and mobile equipment inspections).
- Properly handle all waste (hazardous and non-hazardous) and associated paperwork according to regulations and policies.
- Active participation in site safety and EHSQ programs including the site's Exposure Reduction Program (SOUL).
- Complete LMS training requirements on time. Orange tract.
- High School diploma or GED
- Mechanically inclined and able to complete minor maintenance
- Ability to learn and perform a variety of tasks in support of plant operations including training and safety initiatives
- Accurately performs basic math
- At least 1 year of chemical-related work experience or 1 year of fork truck experience