Our client, a major chemical company, is looking for a Drummer/Chemical Operator to work on a 12-months contract in Livonia, Michigan.
The successful candidate will perform the tasks required to package polyurethane specialties products in a safe, efficient and environmentally sound manner.
- Following all safe work and operations policies and procedures while on duty at the site, in this safety sensitive position.
- At the direction of the shift supervisor, work with Resin and ISO operators to fill 55-gallon steel drums and composite IBC totes with liquid chemicals.
- Driving sit down fork trucks and moving pallets and totes of product throughout the plant.
- Operate plant equipment in a manner and condition to safely produce quality product.
- Maintain housekeeping and 5S practices at an excellent level.
- Give an accurate and relevant turnover to relief operator in both verbal and written formats.
- Perform equipment, safety and other required checks or inspections in an accurate, neat and timely manner (e.g. plant safety check lists, area inspections, respirator and mobile equipment inspections).
- Properly handle all waste (hazardous and non-hazardous) and associated paperwork according to regulations and the company's policies.
- Active participation in Livonia site safety and EHSQ programs including the site’s Exposure Reduction Program (SOUL).
- High School diploma or GED
- Mechanically inclined and able to complete minor maintenance M
- Ability to learn and perform a variety of tasks in support of plant operations including training and safety initiatives
- Accurately performs basic math
- The physical effort required to perform this position includes:
- - Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- - Ability to push 150 lbs.
- - Bending, stooping, climbing
- - Lifting, pouring chemical material
- - Standing, reaching while lifting pipes and hoses
- - The ability to work at heights wearing fall protection equipment
- - Ability to work with exposure to weather elements (e.g. heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.)
- At least 1 year of chemical related work experience
- At least 1 year of fork truck experience