Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek for Claims Professional/ Manager to work within their facilities for a contract position.
The position of the Claims Professional/ Manager is for a large-scale EPC project. The Claims Professional/ Manager acts as a focal point for management of claims of assigned project. The Claims Professional/ Manager shall be highly mindful of the timeline of the contract and make sure that all timelines are met in terms of submission of claims and correspondences. The aspirant should have ability to work without supervision, is proactive and self-motivated.
The role requires proven ability to calculate cost for the claims, good commercial acumen, good communication skill in English, good understanding on contract terms, claims and contract management, costing, risk and opportunity, amongst other industry relevant soft skills.
Successful candidate shall perform below duties and responsibilities:
- The incumbent, without supervision, proactively co-ordinates with all stakeholders, gathers data and compiles variation requests/proposals for approval in compliance with the relevant contract terms, internal procedures and authorizations.
- Preparation of claims in accordance with the contract
- Preparation of defense against incoming claims and creation of counter claims
- Preparation of extension of time claims, prolongation cost, acceleration cost by working with time scheduler, project manager, construction manager and other stakeholders
- Establish and enforce standard methodologies –
- in portfolio of contracts to identify, notify, enforce or defend changes / claims (passive/active) coming from / towards third parties.
- for the contractual correspondence
- Preparation of draft for routine notices, correspondences in accordance with the contract terms and in cooperation with the project team
- Maintain and update claims and contract management related database, such as, project variation log and web-based tools
- Manage risk and opportunities related to claims
- Participate or organize internal meetings and meetings with external contract partners
- Prepares reports related to claims, claims status and presentation for project team and management on contract and claims
- Multiple tasks for one or more projects as necessary
- Create overall awareness about contractual claims and ensure internal stakeholders understand relevant contractual terms and conditions
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business and to be compliant with company process and procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering with minimum 5 years of proven experience in large scale EPC projects in the said position
- Completed at least one large scale EPC project in recent past in Contract/ Claims management
- Excellent knowledge of Contract / Claims Management
- Ability to write good contractual correspondences
- Excellent communication skill with clear and concise writing and presentation skills
- Experience to deal contractually with schedule delay
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office suit. Extensive use of MS Word, Excel, PPT on daily basis alongside organization’s tools for reporting, etc.
- Proactive, self-motivated, collaborative, team member, well behaved and hard working
- Worked in corporate office. Experience of site shall add value to the work