Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Civil/Structural to work within their facilities located in Deer Park, TX for a long-term contract.
Within this position you will be responsible for providing assurance of the safe performance and reliability of new civil infrastructure, and of civil maintenance and new construction projects in order to ensure safe, efficient construction and safe, reliable production.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and execute assigned critical Civil Infrastructure Programs.
- Support departmental initiatives, Abnormal Situation management, and other needs
- Deliver small single-discipline in-house designs through team
- Support civil/structural designers (contract) as needed to leverage engineering and design efforts
- Mentor less experienced engineers related to civil structural design and asset integrity evaluation
- Review Issued for Approval drawings, vendor drawings, and project premises
- Make recommendations to the project teams in matters related to structural integrity, constructability, and value engineering
Previous education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required
- Professional Engineer with Texas license (or ability to obtain) required
- 10+ years in civil/structural engineering analysis and design
- Proven working knowledge of Internal and External standards – Including but not limited to ASCE, AISC, ACI, PIPs, OSHA 1910, IBC, ANSI, AWS
- Structural steel and concrete analysis, design and fabrication
- Deep and shallow foundations
- Pipe racks
- Management of Change (MOC) work process experience