Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Contracts Administrator to work on a 12+ months contract in Ingelside, Texas.
- The role primarily consists of administering key contractual documents/tools associated with the management of the Topsides Fabrication contract (circa $600MM USD), thereby supporting the commercial team in protecting the company’s interests and ensuring SCM process is fully auditable.
- To achieve this, the successful candidate will have to interface with key stakeholders such as HSE, Quality and Technical (internal) and, to a lesser extent, Contractors representatives (external).
- Decision making will grow from with support to independent as successful candidate masters base responsibilities; authority to approve not contemplated at this time.
- For the most part, position follows established practices and processes but creativity (out of the box thinking) is valued to a) improve said processes and b) derive insights from data/documents administered.
- Primary focus of the successful candidate will be on the Topsides Fabrication contract (work performed in Ingleside TX) but there is opportunity to expand to other contracts.
- Reporting of SCM metrics
- Recording/Issuing minutes of commercial meetings
- Business degree or technical diploma required
- undergraduate in engineering or business an asset
- SCM related certification (e.g. SCMP) an asset
- 5+ years of contract administration/management related experience required
- Experience in working in a project environment an asset
- Experience in negotiating and resolving commercial matters an asset
- Experience in running RFx process an asset
- Experience directly applicable to the position
- Working in cross-functional team (HSE, Quality, Technical, Project Services) an asset