Airswift is seeking a Contamination and Waste Specialist to work on a 1 year assignment on a major LNG project in Kitimat, British Columbia.
The Contamination and Waste Specialist is responsible for coordinating and providing recommendations for the characterization, movement, remediation and disposal of contaminated materials, including but not limited to hazardous materials, hazardous and non-hazardous waste generated at the Kitimat Project Site.
- Coordinate contaminated site investigation, remediation and disposal of associated material activities.
- Provide recommendations on management of potentially contaminated soil and water during the execution of various project scopes.
- Coordinate close out reporting and ensure document control requirements are fulfilled.
- Assure activities are executed in compliance with provincial and federal contaminated sites regulations
- Daily support to operating departments for waste management.
- Resource for manifesting waste
- Subject Matter Expert for shipment of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes
- Facilitate the waste profile process – work with disposal companies to ensure all profiles are correct, up-to-date, and well organized.
- Review analytical results and Material Data Sheets to make waste determinations and provide information needed for profiling.
- Sample waste as needed for waste classification and characterization; complete chain of custody; manage sample results with waste profile. Obtain and prepare waste samples for off-site shipment to an approved lab.
- Identify transportation options (barge/rail/truck) for waste and water
- Solicits and oversees bids for off-site recycling, disposal of waste, and assists generators in selecting disposal site
- Conducts audits of forms and systems to ensure state and environmental requirements are met
- Identify water contaminants and potential onsite/offsite treatment options
- Reviews waste disposal costs and implements cost reduction opportunities.
- Develops and Prepares waste classification reports
- Serves as the primary Environmental contact for waste disposal and waste transportation contractors
- Assures compliance of waste rules
- Demonstrates technical environmental skills that are appropriate to the site’s needs
Required Skills & Experience:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree - Engineering, Science, or Technical;
- Contaminated Site Approved Professional preferred but not essential;
- 7 to 10 years of contaminated site experience in Canada (BC experience preferred - investigations/remediation and associated permitting/reporting);
- Major project execution;
- Water and waste environmental programs and Environmental compliance programs;
- Interpretation and application of environmental legislation, standards and guidelines;
- Interaction with regulators;
- Permit application and implementation;