This will be a dual purpose role which includes work onshore and offshore for the clear purpose to provide contingency cover for Client programme of projects covering all vessels for the role of CVR including diving operations.
In addition to the above-mentioned role, the position will also cover the diving SME role during the periods when the regional Diving SME is on leave or out of country.
CLIENT CVR role including Diving responsibility, will act as the CLIENT Single Point Authority primarily onboard the DSV ATI and SCV Khankendi during the offshore workscopes for IMR, SD2 and ACE projects which involve saturation and air diving activities.
Other vessel support locations include the Pipe Lay Barge Huseynov, (PBLH) and MV Citadel (PLBH support and survey vessel).
All vessels to certain degrees involve construction activities for CLIENT programme of projects, through scheduled works between Q1 2022 to Q4 2023.
Act as the site safety leader on-board vessels dependent on placement.
For diving activities, ensure project complies with CLIENT Practice Diving 100241.
Ensure at the nominated worksite, that the contracted scope of work pertaining to subsea intervention aspects and HSE & Q/A requirements is implemented. These works shall include Saturation Diving including ROV operations.
Managing the safe execution of the agreed vessels work program assisted by CLIENT Project Engineers, whilst promoting a work environment that enables people to identify, eliminate or mitigate risk to the lowest practicable level.
Promote, demonstrate and ensure compliance with all appropriate elements of the GPO and GSE Operating Management System (OMS), including Risk Management, Continuous Improvement and Management of Change
Monitor all simultaneous operational activities within the immediate area, either directly or in conjunction with a company asset OIM.
ACADEMIC / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The CVR must be assessed through a competence assessment process for the worksite and position as being competent in the following areas:
- Must be in possession of either valid IMCA recognised surface supplied or closed bell certificates of competence relevant to the position of responsibility for the diving techniques being executed, exemptions maybe given on a case-by-case basis by Global Diving TA only.
- Shall be fully conversant with the processes and requirements set out in CLIENT Practice Diving 100241 and CLIENT Practice 500102 Control of Work Integrated Practice.
- Shall have successfully passed a recognised and CLIENT approved client representative’s training course.
- Formal risk assessment training.
- Completed the CLIENT Permit to Work System (Performing Authority) course.
- CLIENT CVR (Diving) to hold preferably an Engineering qualification to a minimum standard of HND or equivalent professional qualification and / or 15 years minimum relevant diving industry experience appropriate to the type of diving being executed.
- Good understanding of DP vessels & management with a recognised DP training appreciation course completed.
- Experience of subsea installation and testing processes and application.
- Project experience of some of the following elements would be an advantage: -
- Spools & Jumpers (rigid/flexible – Single/multi-bore)
- Flexibles/Control Umbilical’s/J Tube pull-ins
- Sub-sea Structures
- Foundation/piles installation
- DROPS protection
- Survey requirements
- Commissioning support
- Remote Intervention
- Vessel load-outs & readiness
- Support vessels/barges
SKILL REQUIREMENTS & KEY BEHAVIOURS
- Familiar with international recognised diving, marine & ROV regulations and subsea construction techniques.
- Exhibits understanding of CLIENT practices and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality.
- Proactively demonstrates sophisticated decision-making and leadership skills needed to address complex stakeholder groups and issues associated with Major Projects.
- Ability to intervene in critical situations in order to redirect focus and achieve the required result.
- A high level of proven communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
- Financial and commercial awareness.
- Computer literate
- Demonstrates personal commitment to achieving the highest standards of HSE and responsibility for the safety and well-being of everyone around them.
- Proven capability to develop team safety and risk management skills.
Follows the requirements specified in OMS, and contribute to the delivery of safe, compliant and reliable operations and task execution.
- Play a leading role in the promotion of an excellent HSE culture and demonstrate Client commitment to achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards of HSE.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct and to local laws and regulations.
- Pursues systematic management through standardisation, clarification and the elimination of defects.
- Follows and upholds the rules and standards of CLIENT and holds others to account for doing the same thing.
- Plans carefully and makes well-informed decisions and does the right thing.
- Fosters learning, the sharing of knowledge and continuous improvement.
- Speaks out when seeing something is not right and is prepared to say “no” or “stop” when necessary.
- An outstanding team player.
- Recognizes and acknowledges the contribution of others.
- Develops trust from others by delivering on accountabilities.
- Tactful and persuasive.