Our Client an International Oil and Gas Operating Company are looking for a ISBL Construction Superintendent to be based in Afungi, Mozambique. The role will be offered with a long term contract, 28/28 Rotation and a negotiable daily rate.
Reporting to the Onshore LNG ISBL Project Manager, the Construction Superintendent is responsible for the interface coordination and construction management of the activities to support the planned sequence of work packages.
- leading and supporting the execution of the LNG ISBL works, inclusive of a variety of disciplines, typically – early works, land survey, civil, underground services, roads, buildings, infrastructure, interconnects, piping, Static & rotating equipment, structural steel and piping etc.
- Develop strong working relationships with upstream and downstream EPC Contractor interface management teams
- Assist LNG Project Manager’s as required in the management of the overall Construction program and key interface deliverables
- Identify interface areas and associated stakeholders, including engineering, expediting and construction package coordination
- Confirm roles and responsibilities for each EPC Contractors to limit interface conflict
- Apply and implement management systems & practices, to enhance the flow of information and data across project delivery teams, functional groups and external contractors.
- Provide guidance to the stakeholder & EPC teams site activities, risks and opportunities
- Liaise with EPC Contractor disciplines, through Project Engineers, to identify all internal/external interfaces points to be managed
- Coordinate and review Contractor Management Plans and documents.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the EPC Contractor’s management processes
- Attend necessary construction planning meetings to ensure a proper follow-up of the issues and resolutions.
- Develop registers/trackers to ensure the responsible parties are identified
- Escalate any issues to Contractor’s management team and Company that cannot be resolved
- Experience in greenfield early works infrastructure, design and execution phases of O&G Major Capital Projects.
- Previous experience in a similar role(s) on a large-scale project(s) with a history of demonstrable safety leadership,
- Demonstrated knowledge of Interface Management plans, processes, tools and execution.
- Ability to schedule priorities and multi-task within the contract packages
- Knowledge of appropriate codes, standards and good construction and engineering practices specifically within the oil and gas construction industry
- Advanced computer skills for MS office, Adobe and Database software applications
- Knowledge of project completions and commissioning interfaces would be advantageous.