Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Construction Specialist (Piping) to work for Camp Accommodation Project under the LNG expansion multi-billion project. This is a contract and residential role to be based in Ras Laffan, Qatar.
- Ensure execution of piping installation and tie-in activities are undertaken in accordance with project needs in general and compatible with project safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives in particular.
- Interfaces among various project teams and departments on issues relating to the position. This requires effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to induce collaboration.
- Exhibits team leadership skills, integrity, interpersonal understanding, and self-confidence.
- Reports to Site Manager –Infrastructure
- Regular contact with EPC Contractor/subcontractors and project stakeholders at site (RLIC, Kahramaa, 3rd party asset owners and others).
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Review construction sequence, work plans, pre-task planning and method statements to ensure effective work execution and comprehensive safety.
- Provide Company representation in monitoring and coordinating site activities of the EPC Contractor and its subcontractor(s). Reports on the construction activities, progress, areas of concern and mitigating actions. Participates in appropriate weekly construction discipline review meetings.
- Monitor and assist the EPC Contractor and subcontractor(s) in the implementation of site-specific SHE programs to meet safety improvement strategy & objectives, emergency response and evacuation drill programs. Participate in incident/accident investigation under the SHE Coordinator in the area.
- Ensure construction work is carried out in accordance with Company rules, regulations, and standards and permit to work procedures as applicable.
- Review work and inspection results to ensure compliance with EPC Contract requirements. Interface and coordinate with Field Engineering and QA/QC sections. Monitor site material handling and preservation to facilitate construction progress and quality of materials.
- Report and record potential change order requests to assist in claims avoidance.
- Attend PMC and CLT Completions meetings to provide assistance in Mechanical Completion, punch list clearing, Commissioning, and Start-up activities as required facilitating construction deliverables for these activities.
- Maintain Construction focus and overview of execution of piping installation and tie-ins in a brownfield environment supporting priority completions schedules.
- Work with other Construction disciplines to develop and maintain overall construction and completion metrics to track PMC/Completions construction deliverables.
- Assist PMT in meeting QGMS expectations as required.
Bachelor of Science in mechanical Engineering.
Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Good written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Good technical team skills.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience with major oil & gas capital projects in all phases of construction planning, field execution and mechanical completion activities.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Construction Supervisory position for either Client or Contractor. International experience, especially Qatar or the Middle East, is preferred.
Technical and Business Skills:
- Utilizes a systematic approach to problem solving that ensures accuracy, timeliness and quality of documentation in resolution.
- Able to work moderately complex tasks to completion within time constrains of Project, with minimal guidance from more experienced staff.
- Participates in the resolution of problems in more demanding and less familiar situations using precedent and own acquired knowledge.
- Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision.
- Able to make decisions and solve problems related to a specific discipline/field.
- Responsible for own work product with minimal guidance and oversight from immediate supervisor.
- Establishes credibility with peers and supervisors and makes good use of their time.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.