Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for a Construction Project Manager to work on a one-year assignment in Houston, TX OR Superior, Wisconsin.
The Construction Project Manager will be responsible to assist the Supervisor Construction with the organization of construction activities, and coordination of field inspection staff in a safe and efficient manner while adhering to the construction budget.
- Assist the Supervisor Construction with supervision, direction, and organization of construction activities to complete facility integrity projects within the approved budgets and subscribed service release orders.
- Ensure that work is completed in compliance with company safety, environmental, and operating procedures.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing a safe, efficient, and environmentally sensitive service that meets their needs.
- Ensure strict application of contractual terms in the execution of all civil, mechanical, and environmental work to maintain a good working relationship with all landowners, government agencies and Emergency Response organizations along the ROW and within company facilities.
- Assist the Supervisor Construction in providing the necessary guidance and coaching to develop field inspection staff and contractors to meet departmental objectives.
- Assess workload and plan crew locations and staffing levels with the Project Engineers and Construction Coordinators and ensure all crews know their next four work locations whenever possible.
- Ensure a safety stand down is held whenever there is an incident and a Supervisor or Chief Inspector participates in each stand down.
- Ensure planning reviews for all digs are completed
- Monitor Ops work authorizations and maximize outage coordination and efficiency
- Manage Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) and Welding work and approves standby time
- Coordinate with management to determine the number of crews and inspectors needed to execute the portfolio of work
- Provide a detailed schedule, including beginning and end dates, to management, updating weekly or as changes occur
- Provide managerial support as directed by the Supervisor Construction.
- Perform pre-job safety meeting when beginning in a new area or with a new contractor
- Ensure all work is performed per the company’s policies and procedures
- Demonstrates broad business and technical knowledge in resolving problems, project management, identifying opportunities and has a keen awareness of interrelationships with other stakeholders.
- All facility integrity scopes within GTM
- May act as the Supervisor Construction in their absence
- Manages each scope based on the company’s Policies and Procedures
- Minimum 6 total years pipeline maintenance or construction experience.
- Understanding of pipeline and terminal operations
- Predict obstacles, challenges and risks to proactively determine mitigation strategies and innovative solutions to problems
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Software experience with: MS Office Suite, Oracle or SAP
- Problem solving, decision-making, organization, planning and leadership skills
- Collaborative, team- and service-oriented work style
- Motivated self-starter who works well independently in a fast-paced team environment
- Valid Driver’s License
Nice to have:
- Formal Training
- PMP Certification
Must be legally authorized to work in the US