Construction Project Manager
Location: Paris, France. Frequent trips of several days are to be expected.
Contract: This is a 6-month contract with options to beyond that
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget, and interviews can be held within 2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Amy Spink
Key words: Construction, Project Manager, Construction Project Manager, Renewables, Wind, Solar, Wind Farm, Solar Farm, Onshore
Our International business is one of the leading independent producers of exclusively renewable energy and one of the most dynamic in the world. With more than 4.1 GW of solar, wind and storage capacity in operation or under construction in Australia, France, Finland, Mexico, El Salvador, Argentina, Ireland, Jamaica, Mozambique, Portugal, and Zambia. We are also established in Croatia, Ecuador, the United States and Sweden. As a player in the fight against global warming and the energy transition, our mission is to produce the most competitive renewable electricity sustainably and on a large scale. A responsible company whose long-term vision translates into a strong and sustainable growth strategy, we aim for an operating or construction capacity of at least 10 GW by the end of 2025.
As part of its growth, we are recruiting for a Construction Project Manager for the construction of its projects in Europe. Within the Construction team, you will oversee managing the construction of solar, wind or storage power plant. Responsible for the project in all its components, you will be the guarantor of compliance with costs, deadlines, and quality. You will oversee managing the design, construction, and commissioning phases of the plant up to the stages of operation and commercial commissioning.
The management of the project involves the management and animation of the various stakeholders within the framework of this project: Project Management Assistant, the Safety Coordination, the Control Office, the Construction companies, the operator, grid operators, off-takers, aggregators, the various local authorities.
- Organization of project management methods and tools
- Management HSE
- Organization and control of the project synthesis
- Control and optimization of construction costs
- Monitoring and control of expected performance, operation, and maintenance procedures
- Management of the construction contract
- Management of AMO, security coordination and technical control contracts
- Management of the operating contract, for the construction phases
- Financial monitoring
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Graduate of a major engineering school, you have a similar experience of at least ten years, in energy, ideally in renewable energies
- You have proven experience in project management, and master the contractual, regulatory, HSE and managerial aspects
- Reliability, rigor and dynamism, strong motivation to work in a multifaceted challenging environment, analytical capacity, maturity, autonomy, relational ease, writing ability
- You have strong synthesis and organizational skills. You can animate and bring together all relevant interlocutors around the objectives of the project, in a culture of results
- You can take full responsibility for a construction project, including the QHSE policy which you will ensure the organization and animation as part of your mission
- Good level of oral and written English imperative.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Amy Spink