Construction Manager – Wind – Alberta, Canada
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major renewables clients to seek a Construction Manager to work within their Alberta, Canada, operation.
Within this position the Construction Manager is able to provide construction management leadership and expertise on renewable energy construction projects, ensuring that the projects meet design intent, as well as meeting schedule and cost objectives.
The ideal candidate has civil, electrical and/or turbine/mechanical wind construction experience and strong skills in managing a diverse group of project participants (client, contractors, regulatory agencies, stakeholders). To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Site Coordination · Ensure contractors fully understand their contractual obligations and project requirements
- Liaise with contractors to minimize contractor conflict and encourage synergy on multiple contractor work sites
- Identify slow progress, inadequate quality or performance, possible future construction problems and suggest possible solutions. Project Schedule and Cost Control
- Monitor project schedule and costs, update and report as project development proceeds.
- Take action, as required, to address issues in a proactive manner.
- Confirm monthly contract progress payment documents, forecast and manage potential changes.
- Monitor and inspect construction to confirm quality and that the constructed works are in conformance with the design.
- Review and manage technical submittals (shop drawings, RFI’s, RFC’s and work plans) to confirm conformance with design and quality of work.
- Address issues that arise in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Effective documentation of progress through daily and weekly reports (with detailed photos). Equipment Procurement Completion.
- Monitor the receipt and inspection of major equipment/materials to ensure compliance with technical requirements and commercial terms, facilitate responsibility transfers and acceptance.
- Regulatory Compliance and Liaison · Act as the Owner’s representative during construction, responsible for daily/weekly interface with key stakeholders including regulatory agencies, government (local, municipal to federal), and landowners.
Previous education and experience required:
- Strong construction background, having worked on 2 or more wind projects including direct experience with wind turbine foundation construction and/or turbine erection/installation.
- Construction experience of at least 8 years, capable of working on several major industrial projects simultaneously in a multi-discipline environment.
- Prefer Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineers or appropriately recognized technical designations.