GENERAL CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – FRANCE
Location: Arras, Hauts-de-France
Contract type: Contract (CDD), with day rate based on experience plus daily living allowance.
Time Frame: Q4 2021 until 31/12/2023
Project Type: Mega Pharmaceutical Project
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Key Words: Pharmaceutical, Construction, Construction Management, Electrical, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, HSE, Site Management, Project Management
We are a world-leading engineering and technology company, known throughout Europe for our projects. We provide fully integrated project solutions and service, from concept and design, thorough to installation and commissioning. We have partnered with Airswift to support us in our hiring and are proud to expand our team to include the appointment of a General Construction Manager, to be based in Arras supporting a mega pharmaceutical project.
- Set and implement the objectives of the QHSE policy on site
- Manage all site activities in particular: HSE, QA / QC Handover, Materiel, Subcontract, Field engineering, Planning, Cost, Reporting
- Ensure the interfaces with the client, the project, the subcontractors, the partners as well as the local authorities
- Maintain good contact with the Customer, in particular for facility transfer operations.
- Pilot and ensure general coordination based on contractual obligations (Milestones / Targets)
- Check that the installation meets safety requirements in accordance with plans, specifications and standards.
- Make the necessary corrections to the construction strategy during execution
- Participate in kick-off meetings and progress meetings with suppliers / companies.
- Ensure the final negotiations of the main works contracts in line with the objectives of the project
- Guarantee project performance objectives linked to construction activities (QHSE, costs and deadlines).
- Pilot site preparation activities at Headquarters
- Promote safety and health through personal involvement: organization of talks and field safety reviews.
- Lead the on-site construction team (superintendents or supervisors depending on the size of the project). Coordinate mobilization / demobilization on the site while respecting budgets.
- Prepare the end-of-work report
- Coordinate mobilization / demobilization on the site while respecting budgets.
- Issue construction activity reports for Client distribution and internally.
- Supervise and give direction to the personnel assigned to him; HSE, Quality, Engineering, Material, Construction, Cost control, Planning, Administration, subcontractors.
- Update construction schedules when the project deviates from forecasts and put in place corrective measures / actions to update progress to comply with the forecast.
- Organize the site and in particular issue additional procedures and constantly adapt site resources
- Issue feedback information, assessment of the companies in the course of the business and the end-of-work report.
- Coordinate the work, in particular check that all the construction resources of the contractors are well suited to the deadlines and quality objectives of the case and trigger the appropriate actions if necessary.
- Participate in specific constructability reviews and risk analysis based on Company operating procedures.
- Put in place adequate means allowing good safety of the works and corresponding improvements.
- More than 10 years of experience in Construction
- Electrical / Mechanical / Electro-Mechanical background is beneficial
- English (Professional Level)
- French (Professional Level)
The next step:
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.