Airswift is hiring a Construction Manager to join one of our key clients in a 1-year contract working in Pecos, TX.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform work activities efficiently while continuously looking for cost-saving opportunities and lead the execution of site construction utilizing industry best practices
- Accountable for management construction contractors at assigned project sites
- Lead effort to set up construction site with temporary offices and adequate staging areas for equipment and materials.
- Verify construction contractors are adequately resourced with sufficient and capable expertise, manpower and equipment
- Ensure that construction quality requirements are achieved by providing required oversight and ensuring all documentation is developed and turned over in a timely manner
- Lead in the resolution of all quality non-conformances including development of corrective actions that meet all technical specifications
- Oversee the construction contractor’s safety and environmental program, monitor performance and take the lead in regards to ensure timely reporting, root cause analysis and corrective actions are taken for any safety or environmental incidents that occur.
- Ensure that construction contractors execute their scope in a way that meets all contractual obligations
- Review weekly/monthly progress, productivity, schedule, and cost reports and make recommendations to correct deficiencies
- Record daily headcount and report safety metrics to the project and corporate management.
- Provide QA/QC oversight at various fabrication shops providing equipment for the project including review and approval of ITPs and welding procedures.
Safety, Health & Environmental Duties:
- Demonstrate the belief that all accidents are preventable by including safety in assigned work activities
- Create and share personal safety plan with work group and Client
- Facilitate and participate in safety meetings
- Demonstrate understanding of and verifies compliance with safety standards, work practices, work permit requirements, and various safety systems
- Trained to safely access field areas to observe work being performed
- Trained in use of standard PPE (hard hat, gloves, eye, and hearing protection)
- Trained to access scaffolds and ladders using fall protection PPE as needed
- Understand and comply with Client’s Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Perform all job functions safely while complying with company safety rules, procedures and policies.
- Experience in operating processing facilities, and operations of Midstream facilities.
- Bachelor's Degree or High School diploma with minimum 5 years' direct industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years applicable work experience in natural gas mid-stream plant operation
- Minimum 5 years direct supervision experience.
- Safety Champion – portrays a personal example of excellent safety, performance, mindset, and commitment
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience
- Demonstrated success and experience on small projects with a $1MM TIC or greater
- Experience in the downstream oil and gas or petrochemical industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Contractors and communicate with the project team
- Effective oral and written communication/presentation skills and a team player
- Maximum of 4 hours participation in online meetings for model review and construction bid discussions (mid-May timeframe)
- 1 day meeting at the site for a bid walk with all construction contractors (late May/early June timeframe)
- 8 weeks of construction management oversight of helical pile and general construction contractor (assume 50 hr work week running from mid-June through mid-August)