Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Construction Manager to work on a contract basis.
JOB IS BASED IN HUNGARY, VARPALOTA REGION
We are looking for a Hungarian speaking Construction Manager
The Construction Manager is the prime interface between the project team and the client, and between the project team and sub-contractors and as such, will be frequently called upon to assist in resolving contractual, operations, and work progress issues by interfacing with the appropriate Client
and/or sub-contractor’s resources.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES OF POSITION:
• Ensure sub-contractors carry out construction and testing activities in a safe, timely, and cost
effective manner in accordance with the construction work package, contract provisions, plans, and specifications and in a manner which meets the company’s Health, Safety, and Environment standards, OneWay values, and Project Management.
• Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Interface and foster a positive working relationship with various project team members, such as the Client, other Construction Contractors, QA/QC, Safety, Field Engineering and Project Controls to resolve field issues as they are identified through the course of project execution phase.
• Provide support and leadership to the construction team with regard to safety, quality, schedule, cost, overall project, and corporate expectations.
• Take ownership of incident investigations and accountability for implementing corrective actions. Notify Manager of Construction of the incident immediately and follow company’s protocol in conducting a preliminary incident report and summary.
• Lead/participate in planned safety inspections
• Provide a positive, supportive, team-oriented work environment that encourages and rewards
personal initiative, input, and development.
• Review and understand contract documents. Provide key project team members with a summary of key contract elements.
• Ensure all cost collection requirements are met for all field work such as timesheets, purchase orders, service agreements, etc
• Evaluate construction progress, cost, and performance reports to identify remedial actions.
• Administrate all project change notices in a timely manner by coordinating the satisfactory resolution of any design or construction deficiencies as identified from time to time during the construction phase of projects
• Ensure all necessary Quality Control inspections of field installations are performed to ensure construction compliance to all applicable codes and standards including any Project Specific practices or identified requirements.
• Ensure timely completion of all necessary pre-commissioning activities to achieve compliance with project mechanical completion and acceptance procedures. Ensure Turnover packages are assembled as the work progresses and deficiencies are corrected and properly signed off by the client in acceptance.
• Provide input into all stages of a project from conceptual engineering to final design by attending constructability, 3D model and risk reviews (when applicable) for work packages as assigned, and by preparing and/or reviewing all detailed plans with a view to sequencing of the
work properly, resource loading, etc.
• Ensure progress is being reported accurately by checking reporting documents for accuracy with regular field audits.
• Ensure sub-contractors follow their safe work execution plan.
• Ensure the proper work authorizations are in place prior to commencing work
• Manage project risks and minimize exposure.
• Understand pricing models, billing procedures, and accurately forecast project costs.
• Effectively communicate relevant project information to the Manager of Construction. Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely manner.
• Build a knowledge base of client’s business, organization, and objectives and manage client expectations.
• Roll out specific safety plan to field supervision within 10 days after they join the project
Job Specific Knowledge:
• Fluent Hungarian speaking
• 10+ years’ experience in a Construction Manager role
• Proven competency in the operation of key office software and productivity tools such as: MS Office suite of tools