Airswift has been tasked by a large Power Client to find a Construction Manager to work on a one-year contract in Richland, Washington.
- Manage a construction team to ensure that project activities are completed for the customer safely, on schedule, within budget and at the appropriate quality level.
- Communicates with other leaders daily for management direction and feedback.
- Participate in presentations to internal customers regarding project status, including complex technical, organizational, and financial issues.
- Conduct considerably complex analysis of problems involving construction activities.
- Develop innovative alternative action strategies enabling the early achievement of milestones.
- Perform risk analyses and provide decision authority for defining and approving corrective actions and establishing priorities.
- Ensure that construction efficiency is optimized by providing efficient construction input and involvement in projects throughout the conceptual design phases, construction, turnover and the completion phases of each project
- Foster a "team concept" when interfacing with Operations, Maintenance and other departments, attend scheduled and unscheduled meetings, provide reports, status of construction activities and identify, address, and resolve complex problems
- Ensure that various construction teams have the capability to execute assigned scope in a safe, secure, and cost-effective manner in accordance with the cost, technical, schedule, dose, and quality baselines.
- Balance and prioritize construction resources to support successful execution.
- Represent projects on assigned teams, work with all other functions (i.e. Operations, Design, Design Authority, etc.) to safely execute project scope within all baselines.
- Ensure ongoing communication to maintain the necessary resources from "outside" organizations and address related concerns appropriately.
- Reviews project level performance for effective cost and schedule performance through reporting and project analysis.
- Ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken, and monitor and analyze project safety, cost, schedule, and quality performance.
- Must have 5+ years nuclear power plant experience
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of construction, cost and scheduling, subcontract administration and the ability to develop or evaluate construction strategies and techniques.
- Experience in commercial nuclear power plant system(s) replacements/upgrades.
- Microsoft Office skill