Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for a Construction Manager to work on a 12-months assignment in the San Antonio area, TX.
- Managing and coordinating the qualified pool of construction managers across projects to ensure a unified and organized allocation of resources and a coordinated plan and schedule is developed to safely execute all construction and fabrication activities.
- The construction manager is accountable for maintaining construction best practices, discipline, and standards across projects and to correct any performance issues across the teams.
- Drive development of construction best practices to continually improve the quality and reliability of construction execution during define / execute stage both in physical results and schedule adherence. The construction manager also provides construction input to project definition in the early stages.
- Provide constructability input during front-end engineering
- Assist in the identification, selection and contracting of all resources required for the execution and management of construction activities
- Lead all construction and support commissioning activities, including handover to operations
- Participate in the selection of and provide construction contractor performance management
- Monitor and intervene with fabrication and construction contractors to meet established; HSSE targets, project schedule, quality, and cost;
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent;
- Experience in commissioning and startup of onshore production facilities;
- Experience with design-phase planning and construction;
- Experience supervising or managing major onshore construction projects
- Extensive construction experience