Our major client, in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Construction Lead to work within their facilities located in Victoria, TX for a 12-month assignment.
- Will be required to lead and supervise roustabout crews, PSV and safety system testing crews, weed maintenance crews, crane operations, gas lift/wellhead compression commissioning, rod lift/pumping unit installations/maintenance and general day to day field level production activities.
- The construction manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the qualified pool of construction managers across projects to ensure a unified and organized allocation of resources and a coordinated plan and schedule is developed to safely execute all construction and fabrication activity.
- The construction manager is accountable for maintaining construction best practices, discipline, and standards across projects and to correct any performance issues across the teams.
- The construction manager is also expected to drive development of construction best practices to continually improve the quality and reliability of construction execution during define / execute stage both in physical results and schedule adherence.
- The construction manager also provides construction input to project definition in the early stages.
- Provide constructability input during front-end engineering to ensure safe, efficient designs with minimum impact on operations and to ensure realistic fabrication and installation schedules;
- Assist in the identification, selection and contracting of all resources required for the execution and management of construction activities;
- Establish rigorous processes for execution, monitoring and reporting of all work against established safety, cost, schedule and performance measures;
- Identify key risks to delivery and ensure adequate risk mitigation or contingency plans are in place;
- Lead all construction and support commissioning activities, including handover to operations;
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Extensive construction experience;
- Experience in commissioning and startup of production facilities;
- Must have onshore oil and gas operations particularly around delivering field level expertise with respect to day to day operations and construction/maintenance activities at on-shore oil and gas well pads.
- Experience with design-phase planning and construction;
- Demonstrate high ethical conduct in areas of procurement, contracts, evaluation of contractors and all other areas associated with procurement;