Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek for Construction Engineer to work within their facilities located in China for an initial 1-year contract.
The Construction Engineer is responsible for the Project Constructability processes and all Construction deliverables during the WIN and Execution Phase. You will assist the PMT in producing project specific documentation and transfer to Site for the Construction and Completion phase. You will adhere and participate to the implementation of the Project HSSE and Quality Plans. Whilst on site you are expected along with the Construction Manager to lead the roll-out of the monthly Life Saving Rules Campaign
- Ensure that HSSE best practices are implemented in the design during Constructability
- Adhere to the HSSE plan and enforce its implementation
- Participation to the daily toolbox talk whilst on Site
- Group and Project HSSE targets are met
- Adhere to the Quality Plan and review and approve Yard ITPs and assist Supply Chain for major packages
- Enforce Group Quality Golden Rules
- Interface with the site Quality Verification Manager
- Give feedback on project quality issues to relevant stakeholders for implementation across future projects
- Group and Project targets are met
- Participate to the Construction Execution Plan
- Assist the PM in preparing and reviewing the Request For Quotation (RFQ) package
- Participate to the Yard selection
- Drive the Constructability process and issue the report
- Coordinate the issuance of the Construction deliverables
- Coordinate review and approval of Construction yard quality documentation
- Coordinate the Welding Procedures Qualification Program with the Yard, Quality Verification Manager and the Material Department Whilst on site:
- Ensure the interface between teams
- Evaluate potential changes (MOC) prior to implementation and alert Construction Manager accordingly
- Review progress report, method statement, construction procedure and all day-to-day technical clarifications
- Coordinate processing of yard Construction documents and distribute to relevant Site personnel for review and comment (set e-CDR review matrix accordingly)
- Achieving project milestones within schedule, quality and safety
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience in construction new build Offshore oil and gas projects especially in FPSO projects.
- Relevant engineering degree from a technical college or equivalent.
- Must be familiar and have working knowledge of International related Codes, Standards, and Regulations
- Having a good level of English proficiency.
- Applicants shall be China nationality or having work rights in China.
- We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.