Airswift- Construction Coordinator. Roxana, IL.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Construction Coordinator to join them on a 1-year assignment with the possibility to extend or transition into a permanent position in Roxana, IL. This position can migrate to a Construction Lead.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the home office and field-based construction related activities.
- Supervise all technical discipline work associated with the assigned object(s)
- Reports to the Construction Lead and may be responsible for Assisting with developing the Construction Execution Plan, which details the contracting strategy, management systems and staffing through which the build will be completed.
- Influencing design engineering work to ensure accessibility in all areas of the facility including Inside battery limits (ISBL) and outside battery limits (OSBL) and for efficient use of yard space.
- Ensuring major equipment and sub-structures are arranged for efficient handling and lifting.
- Coordinating with the site team, this includes discipline construction supervision in civil, structural, mechanical, welding, non-destructive testing (NDT), electrical, instrumentation, piping, coatings, insulation, fireproofing, pre-commissioning, rigging and heavy lifting disciplines and field staff within Health Safety and Environmental, QA/QC, materials control, logistics, project controls and contract administration functions.
- Assisting with Pre-qualifying candidate fabricators and contractors and major package assembly sites.
- Participating in bid clarification and kick-off meetings.
- Compiling fabrication scopes of work for contract documentation, specifying tender requirements and reviews draft contract terms.
- Assisting with bid evaluation work for primary construction contracts.
- Participating in Site Safety Management System; delivering on pre-agreed site safety (and environmental) targets for Company and Contractor staff.
- Assisting construction lead with site QA/QC Management Systems utilizing 3rd party specialist contractor services as appropriate.
- Reviewing and assisting Construction Management in approving of contractor's schedules and planning basis (norms).
- 10 years’ experience as a Construction Coordinator
- One and half years’ experience in major domestic or International capital project construction in the petroleum industry primarily in the area of site construction, fabrication, or installation, though other industry major industrial construction experience may qualify.
- One year of related construction site management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent training or education. Demonstrable technical competency is a plus
- Second language (or aptitude for acquiring) is a plus
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading O&G company, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.