One of our biggest clients is seeking a Construction Coordinator to work with them in Lake Charles, Louisiana, on an initial 12-month assignment.
- Report to the Construction Lead.
- Assist with developing the Construction Execution Plan, which details the contracting strategy, management systems and staffing through which the build will be completed.
- Influence design engineering work to ensure accessibility in all areas of the facility including Inside battery limits (ISBL) and outside battery limits (OSBL) and for efficient use of yard space.
- Ensure major equipment and sub-structures are arranged for efficient handling and lifting.
- Coordinate with the site team, this includes discipline construction supervision in civil, structural, mechanical, welding, non-destructive testing (NDT), electrical, instrumentation, piping, coatings, insulation, fireproofing, pre-commissioning, rigging and heavy lifting disciplines and field staff within Health Safety and Environmental, QA/QC, materials control, logistics, project controls and contract administration functions.
- Implement logistical and Human Resource solutions associated with mobilizing site teams, including offices, Information Technology, transportation and accommodation arrangements, emergency evacuation procedures, medical and recreational facilities.
- Assist with Pre-qualifying candidate fabricators and contractors and major package assembly sites. Participating in bid clarification and kick-off meetings.
- Compile fabrication scopes of work for contract documentation, specifying tender requirements and reviews draft contract terms.
- Assist with bid evaluation work for primary construction contracts.
- Participate in Site Safety Management System; delivering on pre-agreed site safety (and environmental) targets for Company and Contractor staff.
- Assist construction lead with site QA/QC Management Systems utilizing 3rd party specialist contractor services as appropriate.
- Review and assisting Construction Management in approving of contractor's schedules and planning basis (norms).
- Ensure veracity of progress statements.
- Specify and negotiate progress recovery measures with contractor as appropriate.
- Supervise in-house and contractor construction team activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent training or education is preferred
- 10+ years of experience as a Construction Coordinator
- 2+ years of experience in major domestic or international capital project construction in the petroleum industry primarily in the area of site construction, fabrication, or installation, though other industry major industrial construction experience may qualify.
- 1 year of related construction site management experience.
- Open to and available for relocation.
- TWIC Card
Nice to have:
- Demonstrable technical competency.
- Second language (or aptitude for acquiring).
- Demonstrable interpersonal, teambuilding and team leading skills.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.