Our major client in Oil & Gas industry is seeking a Compressor Technician to work within their facilities located in Carlsbad, NM for a 12-month assignment (subject to extension).
- Identifies and repairs mechanical and electrical faults by discussion with field operators, listening to machinery and using specialized testing equipment.
- Investigates faulty machinery/mechanical equipment, check parts using equipment, and refer to workshop manuals.
- Cleans, lubricates and tunes mechanical equipment to make them run properly.
- Repairs damaged or faulty parts with new or rebuilt parts.
- Repairs and adjust electrical faults in mechanical equipment.
- Monitors and reads gauges to verify sufficient levels of fluids, air pressure, and oxygen.
- Shuts down the machinery/mechanical equipment, following supervisor’s instructions, in case of an emergency.
- Maintains records or daily activates and prepares progress reports.
- Works closely with operations to ensure projects are performed in a safe and timely manner.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
- Ability to be available 24 hours per day (on call for questions, emergencies, etc.).
- Maintains employee confidence and protects company assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Location specific responsibilities: Compressor inspections, service, and repairs & Horizontal pump inspections, service, and repair
- Minimum of 5 years of oil and gas mechanic experience.
- Requires less supervision, direction, and training in the performance of routine duties.
- Demonstrates an increased ability to work unsupervised, act upon an acquired knowledge of how the facilities function, anticipates and corrects problems before they occur or before other parts of the facility are affected.
- Demonstrates the ability to routinely operate machinery/mechanical equipment unsupervised, while maintaining the facility in a safe, environmentally sound condition and maintaining neat and accurate records of the operations.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize when non-standard or non-routine conditions exist at the facility, notify supervisory staff, and offer recommendations for solutions to the problem.
- Basic mathematic and mechanical skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to consider safety in all decisions