Our major client in the Oil & Gas industry is seeking a Compressor Mechanic to work within their facilities located in La Barge, WY for a 12-month assignment (subject to extension).
- Must have experience with heavy mechanical and some electrical service.
- Ability to inspect engines, compressors and mechanical equipment: diagnose problems and determine extent of necessary repairs; supervise and schedule repairs and routine preventative maintenance.
- Ability to overhaul, repairs and maintenance of engines, compressors, pumps, turbines and motors.
- Knowledge and experience on compression, process and production equipment, as well as electrical systems, including panel boards, skid wiring, etc.
- Detailed awareness of compressor components including lubrication systems, shut-down systems, loading and unloading valves, pistons, valves and electrical systems.
- Ability to use of hand tools, power tools, and electronic diagnostic equipment
- Must have understanding of equipment repair manuals
- Ability to monitor and stimulate maximum efficiency and productivity to minimize problems and downtime.
- Performing lockout/tagout, starting/stopping of equipment, and perform equipment checks.
- Must meet required production rate expectations.
- Perform job duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must adhere to company policies and procedures
- Assures that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production.
- General upkeep of facilities and equipment including engines/compressors, company vehicle, shops and tool rooms.
Technical Knowledge Required:
- Waukesha 742, top motors, SWD pumps, triflex pumps, aerial packages
- Possess a strong mechanical background with working knowledge of the operation and maintenance requirements for natural gas compressors and auxiliary equipment.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- 2-5 years of industry experience required
- Skilled mechanic with abilities to troubleshoot, diagnosis and repair natural gas engines, compressors, generators, turbines and/or other power-driven equipment.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must have a proven safe driving record.
- Outdoor work required with exposure to elements.
- Driving, walking, standing frequently arm/wrist/hand movement. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Work Schedule: 5 days on/ 2 days off - on call every other weekend