Compliance Monitoring & Support Officer
Contract type: This is a contract role, with day rate based on experience
Experience Required: Experience with Data Analysis and Compliance is required
Time Frame: Start date will be as soon as possible
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Key Words: Database querying, MI, KPI, Data Monitoring, Compliance, Anti-fraud, Risk Assessments, Data Gathering, Legal, Credit, KYC, Trade Control, HR, Regulatory, Alert analysis
We act in the international trading of gas, power, CO2, LNG, and Oil derivatives. It is a global, integrated approach designed to make the most of our network of contacts and wide asset portfolio. In turn, our partner helps to optimise the management of our assets, promoting collaboration within the organisation and devising advanced risk-management solutions. They enhance our unique position as a European leader in the gas sector, acting as a specialized hub for trading and commodity risk management.
We value our business compliance as line of defence against market abuse and frauds in trading activity. Compliance Trading Monitoring & Support (COTMS) unit is the function responsible for compliance monitoring and for compliance support to business lines (i.e.: Gas, LNG, Power/Emission trading desks). COTMS team performs daily compliance monitoring (financial regulations, anti-fraud) and provides direct support to business lines for compliance matters within trading and portfolio management activities.
COTMS is seeking an Analyst who can contribute and support in compliance monitoring, risk assessments and MI. The candidate will work within COTMS unit and support internal clients based in Italy, Belgium, UK, Singapore. Activities are typically managed with a matrix organization, whereby each COTMS team member can be coordinated by (or required to coordinate) other team members for specific processes/projects/tasks assigned.
This role shall be primarily focused on:
- daily monitoring of trading activities (i.e.: perform market abuse/Anti-fraud controls and in-depth analysis) along with related MI reporting (periodical and ad-hoc),
- supporting the implementation and performance of compliance programmes (i.e.: risk assessments, data gathering, training, new controls).
- Business compliance support and market abuse / anti-fraud monitoring
- Perform monitoring tasks/controls on trading activity (i.e.: proactively flag unusual behaviours, identify suspicious transactions, fact-checking, drafting case management reports on incidents/breaches) an
- Liaise with other support functions (i.e.: Central Compliance, Legal, Credit, KYC, Trade Control, HR, Regulatory) to gather specialist regulatory references, contractual/deal information.
- Make sure all relevant documentation of performed activities are recorded and stored as appropriate as per privacy and data protection framework in place.
- Contribute to share lessons learned, supporting the dissemination of best practices for the reference activities, also contributing to organization of internal training.
- Support in preparing weekly/quarterly report for top-management on all activities and on the effectiveness of business’s compliance measures. Maintain relevant KPIs
- Analytical, organizational, problem-solving skills, along with a very inquisitive mind with attention to details.
- Team-oriented with excellent written, verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Experience with database querying, exploratory analytics and producing high quality MI/KPI reports
- Ability to interact with multiple stake holders at different levels of the organisation
- An understanding of energy commodity trading / commercial process, instruments/products, and related regulations would be beneficial.
- Fluent English and Italian knowledge would be beneficial.
- Highly skilled in Word, Excel, power point
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift