Our client, a major upstream company in the Oil & Gas Industry is looking for a Rig Advisor to work on an initial 6-months contract in Anchorage, AK, on a rotational schedule.
- Provides support to the Drilling Superintendents, Rig Supervisors and Ops Engineers by helping to provide data during decision making, adding context and operational perspective to execution plans, identifying efficiencies and opportunities for optimization/improvement, and helping communicate performance with the rig team.
- Support the Well Superintendents and the field teams in achieving HSE targets by actively participating in all town and field HSE processes.
- Review and collaborate on section plans with Ops Engineers.
- Ensures Section Plans are executable and efficient as written, provide clarification to/from Drilling Supervisors and help to represent their concerns and interests during the operations planning stage
- Coordinate with Ops Engineers to ensure logistics are in place. Provide advanced MRL review with Wells Engineers, Drilling Supervisors, Wells Logistics Coordinator.
- Examine performance in collaboration with Wells Engineering team and Well Surveillance and Analytics Technicians.
- Works with Drilling Supervisors to identify optimization opportunities and work with Wells Superintendents to make them a reality.
- Aids in planning and integration of SIMOPS with operations and Drilling Supervisors
- Supports Rig Supervisors in QA/QC of reporting in WellView and other areas.
- Supports Drilling Supervisors in both operational and administrative tasks such as planning support, casing tally and cement calcs, aid during trouble time operations, vendor coordination and contingency planning.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent industry experience
- At least 5 years of petroleum industry experience including strong operational background and exposure to various well operational activities
- Current Well Control Certification