Airswift is currently looking for a Completion engineer to work in Norway under a 1-year contract:
- To be responsible during the design phase for all constructability issues associated with the project. Typical projects are the major part of an FPSO\FSO such as Topsides Modules package, Vessel Conversion works, Turret, deep water mooring Buoys etc.
- To be responsible for supervising a construction supervisor on a small-sized project. Typical projects are shallow water mooring Buoys, suction Piles, and jack-up Legs, etc.
- To coordinate and supervise a small group of designers if a major constructability exercise was required for a particular project.
- To contribute and prepare Construction execution plans for medium to large-sized projects.
- To contribute to the scope of work documents for yard subcontracts.
- To ensure that all constructability concerns are addressed by either the project team or brought to the attention of the Construction Manager.
- To review the client contract specifications and in turn prepare the project construction specifications. e.g. Fabrication specification, Piping Specification, etc
- To ensure that the relevant QA and HSE procedures are understood, in place, and enforced by all Construction personnel under his authority.
- To be responsible for the Quality and Safety performance of all Construction personnel working under his authority.
- To establish and/or review the construction procedures and planning input for that part of the project under his authority.
- To contribute/prepare or supervise (dependent on project size) the preparation of Onshore/Offshore Integration/Hook-up work packs and job cards.
- To plan and analyze the progress of the work, assess the situations, and initiate corrective actions.
- To write and issue progress reports every week or as agreed with the project team.
- To provide assistance and advice to the Construction personnel working under his authority.
- To ascertain the needs for training and development of the Construction supervisors and to inform the Construction Manager as appropriate.
- A university degree or technical college diploma in Engineering or Materials Science.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Engineering and/or Construction and/or Project Management in the offshore industry, with particular emphasis on FPSO/FSO Floating Production vessels.
- Preferably with either a mechanical or structural background.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.