Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek an Intermediate Communication Specialist to work in their facilities located in Calgary, AB on a 6 months contract with possibility of extension.
The successful candidate is a multi-faceted communications professional who has knowledge and experience in a broad range of communications tools, tactics and approaches with exceptional collaboration and writing skills.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Provide communications support on projects and initiatives.
- Create engaging, informative and audience-centric communications including employee and leader emails and briefings, intranet and external website content, presentations, videos, brochures and collateral, and content for social media and other digital marketing and communications channels, as appropriate;
- Manage the delivery of communications tools and tactics, collaborating with our corporate communications centers of excellence, and our external vendors;
- Monitor and measure communications results and continually improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with appropriate subject matter experts to establish requirements, determine subject material to be developed, and ensure accuracy and thoroughness of contents
- Organize, write and present information in an appropriate format for the intended audience;
- Edit, standardize, and polish communications written by subject matter specialists;
- Develop original supplementary communication aids such as info graphics, charts, tables, process flow diagrams, conceptual illustrations;
- Coordinate review and revisions processes involving multiple stakeholders;
Previous education & experience required:
- University degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or business;
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years' related experience in corporate communications.
- Communications expertise - able to contribute to internal/external communications plans and digital marketing activities;
- Strong, versatile writing – able to write in many styles for a variety of internal and external audiences; ranging from developing technical and detailed program information to storytelling and producing engaging content for digital and social media;
- Project management – able to prioritize and organize communications project work, and coordinate the work of team members;
- A team player with a customer service focus – able to build strong relationships and rapport with clients and team members, and meet customer requirements under the pressure of tight deadlines;
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.