Airswift has been tasked by one of our O&G clients to seek a Commissioning Specialist to join them on a 1- year contract in Houston, TX.
Provide subject matter expertise developing and/or revising commissioning governance documents for the Projects Organization with input from stakeholders to support successful project execution.
Accountable to implement management of change processes and provide training to stakeholders.
Provide technical support for commissioning and start-up activities.
Review existing pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up process across multiple Business Units (LP, CGTM, GTM, GDS, Power).
Revise and/or develop harmonized and standardized process, procedures, templates, guidelines, and forms for the Project Organization supporting LP, CGTM, GTM, GDS, and Power Business Units. Collaborate with several key stakeholders during commissioning governance documentation development and implementation including:
- Project Engineering
- Project Integration
- Control Center
- Pipeline Control Systems and Leak Detection (including SCADA, PLC & Automation)
- Information Technology (specifically Data and Voice Communications)
Provide training and support implementation of pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up governance documents.
Develop and implement commission roles and responsibilities.
Provides governance regarding the timely turnover of records required for operational life/permanent retention to project including the use of digital tools.
Provide commissioning technical support and issue resolution is timely and accurate for liquids, gas, and power projects.
Participate in engineering design reviews (discipline of mechanical, process, electrical and instrumentation) for commissioning input may be required.
- 10-15 years of pre-commissioning, commissioning and start up experience in the liquids/gas industry.
- Experience with project management/construction management including specialized knowledge and experience in commissioning and handover of complex processing equipment.
- Formal education, a technical degree or equivalent certifications and less years’ experience may be considered.
- Experience with brownfield and greenfield capital projects and associated processes with a focus on commissioning and handover operational excellence.
- Strong computer and technical writing skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PDFs.
- Experience writing, implementing, and training stakeholders on governance documentation.
- Operations experience would be considered an asset.
- Experience as leader.
- Engineering degree or Technology diploma (with additional practical experience) in an applicable discipline
- Professional designation
- Aptitude and communications skills related to acting independently as a technical professional.
- Technical and working knowledge of internal and industry design and construction codes and standards
- Predominantly office environment with occasional project field visits.
- Overall travel requirements for the role are ~10% of the time.
- Travel to field worksite locations, including highway travel.
- Site visits require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).