One of our major clients in Oil & Gas is currently hiring a Commissioning Specialist III to work on a 24-months contract position located in Houston, TX.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Collaboration with the Contractor to ensure requirements for commissioning activities are clearly understood and adhered to.
- Serves as the on-site representative for company Commissioning Authority.
- Attend and participate in post construction (warranty phase) meeting
- Assist Commissioning Authority with development of systems manual and commissioning report
- Perform hands on functional performance testing when required and analyze systems performance using testing instrumentation
- Focus on vendor shop pre-commissioning activities followed by field execution of commissioning activities: Candidate will need to participate in pre-commissioning vendor shop work,
- Instrument loop sheets, cause and effect logic, loop and function test procedures, project completion databases.
Required skills and qualifications:
- 20+ Years of closely related field experience
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Proficiency in Work Management Systems
- Working knowledge of MEP and integrated control systems
- Knowledgeable of Project Completions activities and typical commissioning practices including typical Systems Completion Database software (e.g., WinPCS, MC+, CoConsole, Orbit)
- Familiarity with DCS, package control systems, field instrumentation, P&IDs, SPI Instrument Indexes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- LEED Certification is preferred