Airswift is on task to find a Commissioning Electrical Lead to work on a 2-years contract in Houston, TX.
Establishes and develops the commissioning organization structure, planning and mobilization. Directly responsible for direction to all functional groups to provide the safe commissioning, turnover and preparation of the facilities to Operations in conjunction with the Start-up team.
Extensive knowledge of project commissioning management turnover processes systems completion software and start-up, including vendor coordination for pre-commissioning and commissioning activities and preservation requirements, including proper documentation and execution.
- Responsible for maintaining a high focus on the safety culture through Job Safety Analysis, Task Risk Assessment and tool box talks in addition to leading by example in all areas.
- Responsible for the safe implementation of all Systems Completion activities for all systems from start to finish (cradle to grave).
- Responsible for the managing and implementing all commissioning deliverables, culminating in the operational final sign off of the Turnover & Completions Packages for all nominated systems, with minimal punch items.
- Responsible for maintaining the schedule for nominated systems including interdependent activities.
- Responsible for ensuring that interdependent logic with the integrated schedule is correct.
- Completing and managing the commissioning procedures prior to execution.
- Coordination of all discipline activities with other system owners and discipline engineers.
- Contribution to and production of daily and weekly reports.
- Maintaining the integrated schedule with regular updates and forecasts, and highlighting risks to the schedule.
- Anticipating schedule slippage and recommending mitigation measures and managing the clients completions data base.
- Estimating man hours required to execute functional test procedures in conjunction with other discipline engineers.
- Carrying out scope verification between Subcontractors and Client for all systems
- Raising change requests to implement changes in the completions database.
- Providing guidance and participation in specialty discipline activities concerning l Completion, Commissioning and turnover for the nominated systems from start to finish (cradle to grave).
- Providing technical support, oversight and expert advice on the Commissioning and Start-up of plant systems.
- Reviewing scope requirements with SOs to ensure resources are properly planned.
- Completion of review of commissioning procedures.
- Updating of weekly progress against the integrated schedule..
- Recommending remedial actions where necessary.
- Executing and signing off on SC system Procedures.
- Liaise with vendor representatives and ensure vendors’ plans and data are in the SCDB are met.
- Prepare master punch lists in conjunction with MC coordinator.
- Participate and provide working knowledge of permit to work systems.
- Ensure that preservation within the nominated systems is maintained regularly and the completions database is updated accordingly.
- Ensure that all sections and records are updated and maintained as current revisions within TCP and SCDB.
- Min 10 years of experience from development of oil & gas industry facilities.
- Be able to read and understand P&IDs, location plans, wiring schematics, cause and effects, alarm register, I/O index, loop drawings one line diagrams, control narrative.
- Experience from MC and commissioning work in oil & gas industry
- Ability to drive activities to be complete on schedule
- Motivate colleagues to create and maintain a good working environment in relation to other Project groups, vendors and within the Commissioning group
- Establish good relations with Contractors, Vendors, Operation and Plant Integrity
- Familiar with permit to work systems and tools used for this (scaffolding, pressure testing, confined space, tag out-log)
- Must have a history/record of HSE experience with regards to construction and commissioning of offshore installations
- Be able to identify risks, critical areas, critical activities and be proactive in proposing mitigating actions