Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Commissioning Division Manager (LNG Trains) to work for Multi-Billion LNG expansion project. This is a contract and residential role to be based in Qatar.
- Responsible for overseeing the overall pre-Commissioning & Commissioning activities and works for the EPC 1 Contract [LNG Plant], to ensure EPC-1 Contractor delivery of all aspects related to preparation, coordination, planning and execution of the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities in accordance with the Project Work Time Schedule.
- Ensures EPC-1 Contractor proper planning of the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities in strict compliance with the approved completion and start-up sequence, including System Completion Database set-up in close collaboration with the engineering, construction and completion – handover managers and their teams.
- Provides clear guidance to the EPC-1 contractor and facilitates resolution of issues pertaining to his disciplines, to meet Project objectives and milestones, while focusing on quality and safety.
- Provides leadership to his team and coordination with the Project Management Team members.
- Provide regular reporting to the EPC-1 Project Manager and EPC-1 Project Division Manager, to anticipate on technical, commercial and contractual issues.
- Provide day-to-day coordination with its EPC-1 Contractor counterpart.
Reporting and Relationships
The position reports to the EPC-1 Project Manager
Direct reports: Commissioning Heads, Senior Commissioning Engineers, Commissioning Engineers (total = 5 during Engineering and Procurement phase), then up to 10 when at site.
Regular if not day to day coordination with EPC-1 Project Manager, EPC-1 Project Division Manager, Area Division Managers, Commissioning Heads and other Project Management Team Heads such as: Quality, Information Management, Interfaces, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Systems Completion and Operations.
Daily coordination with EPC-1A Contractor Commissioning Manager and his team leaders and Vendors as applicable.
Daily coordination with OES and OPCO when at site.
Participate to meetings with Third Parties as required for the good preparation and execution of the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities; such as but not limited to: RLIC and Kahramaa.
Participate to meetings with other EPC Contractors as required for the good preparation and execution of the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities; such as but not limited to: EPC-2, EPC-3, EPC-3, Offshore Topsides and Pipelines Contractors.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
- Responsible for overseeing the overall pre-commissioning & commissioning activities and works for the EPC 1 Contract [LNG Plant], to ensure EPC-1 Contractor delivery of all aspects related to preparation, coordination, planning and execution of the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities in accordance with the Project Work Time Schedule.
- Provide review and approval of the deliverables prepared by the EPC-1 Contractor, focusing on critical – class 1 deliverables.
- Participate to engineering (Plot Plans, HAZOP, SIL assessment, 3D Model) and Constructability Reviews that are essential for a proper planning and execution of the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities and works.
- Participate to factory acceptance tests of critical packages and equipment.
- Provide concise but comprehensive weekly and monthly reporting to the Project Controls Division Manager, including actions and mitigations as applicable.
- Provide leadership to his team to drive decisions for multi-discipline issues.Drive alignment and decision making between the various stakeholders.
- Anticipate technical issues, changes in the work, delays and potential claims from the EPC-1 Contractor to the EPC-1 Project Manager and EPC-1 Project Division Manager.
- Understand interdisciplinary dependencies to be able to make judgements on overall commissioning decisions having multi-disciplines impacts. Applies risk management techniques to facilitate decision making.
- Identify SIMOPS with the EPC-1 Contractor, early enough during the Project Execution Phase to provide proper planning and safe execution at site.
Bachelors or Master s’ Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience:
- 20 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas Industry, with at least 10 years’ of proven experience in a Commissioning and/or Systems Completion Management positions with reference in pre-commissioning, commissioning planning and execution for LNG Plants.
- Strong leadership skills, experience leading multi-discipline teams, EPC Contractors working in Joint Venture and working closely with operations and end-users.
- Familiar and conversant with systemization, system completion database, pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures, including SIMOPS.
- Proven experience with Vendors operating in the LNG industry such as but not limited to: main refrigeration compressors, liquefaction equipment, power generation, utilities, cryogenic pumps, control systems.
- Proven experience with commissioning of Process Licensed Units.
- Experience with pre-commissioning and commissioning of large utility systems including: steam, boiler feedwater, large cooling water systems, cooling towers, desalination plant, air and nitrogen generation and distribution systems.
Technical and Business Skills:
- Technical background as a discipline engineer and field pre-commissioning and commissioning execution experience.
- Good teamwork and facilitation skills.
- Good analytical, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Risk management experience.
- Capability to take work load and manage priorities.