Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Commercial Analyst to work in their facilities located in Anchorage, AK on a 12 months contract.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Ensure the commercial interests of OSA are protected at all times and that potential liabilities are mitigated.
- Work closely with the leadership of the Legal, Commercial and Contracts group to develop, communicate and execute the short, medium and long term commercial strategy for OSA.
- Maintain open communication channels between all functions and disciplines within OSA and the OSL group to ensure the cross functional, regional and corporate goals are aligned.
- Recognized as a strong modeler that can generate reliable results and manage timing expectations, with very limited assistance, across a variety of complex analyses. Sense checks outputs to ensure trustworthy results. Consistently applies economic modelling standards and best practices.
- Extracts and effectively communicates key insights from complex analyses. Leads economic analysis communication to help bring clarity to project team and decision makers. Challenges project teams to identify gaps prior to reviews.
- Leads integrated analysis from multidisciplinary technical teams. Understands and sense-checks technical inputs to ensure consistent and realistic assumptions for analysis. Drill into technical concepts, tools and inputs to assess risks and uncertainties and identify opportunities.
- Proactively identifies, communicates, obtains, QCs, and applies information needed. Helps coordinate flow of information from various SMEs and functions and looks for SMEs biases to validate technical merit. Uses third party analogues to benchmark or challenge internal assumptions.
- Identifies key variables and develops robust set of key sensitivities for uncertainty analysis. Translates outputs to insights to advise negotiations and commercial strategy.
- Able to effectively select from, and apply, deterministic and probabilistic techniques to generate insights for medium to higher complexity opportunities. Able to lead framing and analysis for standard Value of Information analyses.
Previous education & experience required:
- 5+ years’ experience, including at least 3 years in commercial or business development positions in upstream oil and gas companies.
- Experience of oil and gas projects during the concept selection and pre-FEED period would be preferred.
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with upstream commercial structures including JOAs and JV agreements, and gas and oil offtake and transportation agreements.
- A strong commercial and / or business development foundation with a thorough understanding of operating within an exploration and production environment, preferably in a technical capacity.
- Outstanding financial evaluation and modelling expertise, including high levels of competence with Microsoft Excel.
- Expert communicator with demonstrable experience of modelling complex commercial negotiations.
- A Bachelor’s and / or Master’s degree in geoscience, engineering, business or finance.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.