Our client is seeking a Code Enforcement Technician to work within their facilities located in Centennial, CO, for a 3-month assignment (temp to hire).
Code Compliance Officer I is an entry-level position. Employees in this class perform a variety of technical duties necessary to execute the requirements of the City’s code compliance programs. Employees in this class work with minimal supervision as a part of a team and with other City departments to identify and enforce nuisance, land use, abandoned vehicle and other codes and ordinances designed to protect the health, safety and welfare of the residents, and the general quality of life. The employee serves as a resource and provides information on City regulations to property owners, residents, businesses, and the public, along with other City departments and divisions. Employees must have a current driver’s license and must maintain a clean driving record.
• Enforces City codes and ordinances pertaining to nuisance and land use.
• Responds to citizen concerns and complaints and City Council requests.
• Schedules and performs systematic property inspections to maintain or achieve minimum property standards.
• Prepares records and reports pertaining to daily activities, investigations, and enforcement actions.
• Compiles documentation for and issues summons, administrative citations, request for abatement hearings and any other court action with approval of supervisor.
• Testifies in municipal court as required.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Some education in or knowledge of Environmental Studies, Planning, Law Enforcement, Public Administration or closely related field.
• 2 years of experience in the code enforcement / compliance field.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens and elected officials.
• Ability to read, interpret, and explain City codes, site plans, maps and work plans.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 6 months experience in customer service, or enforcement
• Related work including investigating allegations, conducting research and resolving complaints, concerns or conflicts.