We are currently recruiting for a qualified Civil Engineer to ensure the Civil aspects of major construction projects are delivered in accordance with contract requirements and best practices.
- Review of drawing and documentation submissions from customers and subcontractors against contractual obligations, industry standards, safety compliance and best practice.
- Ensure civil deliverables required to be submitted by the company are provided in a timely, safe and high-quality manner.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure civil issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Liaise with and support site-based personnel.
- Undertake site inspections to ensure compliance to design and industry standards.
- Assess Variations, Requests for Information (RFIs) and payment claims.
- Attend and provide input to various safety, design, technical and risk meetings, workshops and reviews.
- Review tender specifications.
- Management of subcontractors and designers – tier one companies valued
- Review of civil design
- Experience with Concrete / Foundation design highly valued
- Experience with Pavement / Road design highly valued
- Experience in doing Negotiation with major stakeholders, both clients / contractors
- Experience in high-pressure environment
- Experience in construction of Wind farms highly valued
- Advanced use of MS Office
- Strong verbal and written communication / negotiation
- Relationship building, both internal and external
- Proactive view and practical approach toward role
- Post Graduate Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- CPEng ideally RPEQ