Civil Contract Inspector
We are currently recruiting for a Civil Contract Inspector in the Civil Infrastructure sector to join our client, with the role supporting the Superintendent primarily by providing site-based surveillance and detailed, timely records during the construction phases of major civil infrastructure projects.
Location - Brisbane, QLD
Duration - 2 Years
- Monitor the contractor’s performance in relation to time, cost and quality and report to the Superintendent or Representative on departures from the contract.
- Conduct daily inspections of the work, collecting and record data in daily diaries. Maintain detailed photographic records of construction activities and monitor actual progress against the contractor’s program.
- Review the contractor’s inspection and testing plans. The Lot records and quantities of the schedule items shall be verified by the inspector and checked for completeness.
- Review and validate the contractor’s reports. Provide advice to the Superintendent on potential claims and variations.
- Accept delivery of client-procured materials and establish and maintain effective controls for the materials.
- Act as a key point of contact between contractor’s field-based personnel and the Superintendent.
- Issue Site Instructions as directed by the Superintendent and liaise with the contractor on day-today issues about site operations.
- Manage and maintain effective relationships.
- Act as the Superintendent’s Representative as required covering all aspects of the contract management.
- Experience in civil infrastructure construction on complex projects including extensive experience with Department of Transport and Main Roads (DTMR) standard specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand contract documents including detailed design drawings, specifications, bills of quantities/schedule o rates with extensive knowledge of relevant construction codes and Australian Standards.
- Ability to inspect and monitor complex civil infrastructure construction projects to ensure construction is in accordance with contract documents, including certification of such compliance of the critical elements with the design intent.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships in multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to contribute to team direction, give and receive feedback and achieve performance standards.
- Para-professional Building or Civil Engineering Qualifications.
- Basic knowledge of standard construction contracts.
- Good knowledge in structures, pavements and/or drainage.
- Safety, Environmental & Traffic Management Certification.