Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specialising in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach, and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with our Infrastructure Client based in Australia to source a Civil Inspector. This will be contracting role and the client would like to consider candidates based in this region due to COVID 19 regulations & constraints. Please see details below.
Title: Civil Inspector
Duration: 2 years
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Primary Position Purpose
The purpose of this role is to support the Superintendent primarily by providing site-based surveillance and detailed, timely records during the construction phases of civil infrastructure projects.
· Para-professional Building or Civil Engineering qualifications.
· Basic knowledge of standard construction contracts such as AS2124 or AS4000.
· Good knowledge in structures, pavements and/or drainage.
· Safety, Environmental and Traffic Management Certification.
· Lead and role model customer focused behaviour by delivering the highest standards of service to our customers.
· Work in partnership with your team leader to agree performance standards and mutual expectations. Give and receive regular feedback to enable performance to be improved and take personal responsibility for optimising your potential within Council.
· Monitor the contractor’s performance in relation to time, cost and quality and report to the Superintendent or Superintendent’s Representative on departures from the Contract.
· Conduct daily inspections of the work, collecting and record data in daily diaries. Maintain detailed photographic records of construction activities and monitor actual progress against the contractor’s program. Save all daily diaries, photographic records and emails into Council’s Content Management system by the next day.
· Review the contractor’s inspection and testing plans (ITP’s). The Lot records and quantities of the scheduled items shall be verified by the inspector and checked for completeness. The conforming lot should be checked in sufficient detail to enable certification for payment.
· Review and validate the contractor’s reports. Provide advice to the Superintendent or Superintendent’s Representative on potential claims and variations.
· Accept delivery of client-procured materials and establish and maintain effective controls for the materials. Any audits delegated to be arranged and carried out and formal records recorded.
· Review and mark-up the contractor’s “As Constructed drawing”. These plans shall be progressively marked up during the construction period to show the as constructed works.
· Act as a key point of contact between the contractor’s field-based personnel and the Superintendent. Issue Site Instructions as directed by the Superintendent and liaise with the contractor on day-to-day issues about site operations.
· Manage and maintain effective relationships with the Superintendent, construction contractor and subcontractors.
· Act as the Superintendent’s Representative as required covering all aspects of the contract management.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details, or send the resume to email@example.com