Location - Brisbane, QLD
Duration - Long-Term Contract
Administer Civil Infrastructure contracts and ensure the contractual obligations are performed in line with quality standards and procurement policies. You will oversee the operations of infrastructure projects from planning to completion by monitoring and reporting on supplier/contractor performance and quality of work.
- Lead and role model customer focused behaviour by delivering the highest standards of service.
- Administer construction contracts.
- Review construction plans and monitor construction activities to identify non-conformances and raise corrective actions ensuring compliance with both quality and record keeping requirements.
- Plan, monitor and control all aspects of project contract administration including requests for information (RFIs), site instructions, invoice review, claims prevention and general contractor management for time, cost and quality.
- Establish relationships with providers, suppliers, contractors, clients and manage, identify and minimise risk and advise Project Directors on potential disputes and disruptions or sensitive interactions.
- Provide quantity, variations, risks, programming and progress forecasts and anticipated final costs on a monthly basis to minimise construction and contractual risk.
- Oversee Superintendent’s representatives as applicable, electrical, structural and civil inspectors and other construction personnel for site safety, environment, quality to progress the work in a safe, environmentally sound, cost effective and timely manner.
- Proven success in administration/supervision of contractors in civil infrastructure works including roads, pavements, structures and public utilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction principles and industry regulations including a sound understanding of project management processes and project lifecycle with experience in delivering major infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence complex negotiations for contract variations, claims and disputes to deliver effective outcomes and mitigation of risk.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage the preparation of contract documents, including review of specifications, schedule of rates and designs.
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal and written, and the ability to negotiate and resolve conflict as well as ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Traffic Management Design – Open Certification.
- Working from heights, confined spaces certifications.