Civil Engineer II
Contract type: This is a contract role, with day rate based on experience
Experience Required: Experience with Civil Engineering
Time Frame: Start date will be as soon as possible
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Key Words: Civil, construction, engineering, technical, EPC, structural, chemical, energy transition, FEED, design, energy, control process, regulations, budget, field, Safety, planning
We are a global leader in EPC known throughout Europe for our projects and support. We are looking for Civil/Structural Engineer to contribute to chemicals processing facility project. The project will contribute towards European energy transition targets through the delivery of sustainable battery materials for transportation.
You will join the Civil, Structural, Architectural and Weight Control Department (CSAW) which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for onshore and offshore, mining, chemical and energy projects with an inherently safe, economical and sustainable solution that meets client demands. Discipline functions range from intelligent modelling, analysis and design of structural systems based in harsh environments through to weight control and architectural engineering.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work
- Contribute towards the identification of scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures and regulations
- Keep up to date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to discipline work scope.
- Ensure as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Contribute towards the preparation estimates and schedules and assist in their review
- Maintain good communication within the engineering function and visit sites when necessary
- Contribute to discussions within engineering and design team relating to design and preparation of deliverable issues, providing technical guidance, support and training when required.
- Complete documents in accordance with correct procedures.
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
- Commitment to and promotion of the company values and ensuring the realization of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Able to contribute on complex project work-scopes from multiple execution centres.
- Engineer with sound technical background and expertise working towards chartership with an engineering institution.
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Familiar with planning, progress monitoring, forecasting, and reporting
- Aware of commercial, contractual, and administrative aspects of engineering
- Aware of estimates for man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
- Able to work with other disciplines and draughting sections to meet delivery dates
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift