About the role
Our client is seeking to appoint a Civil Designer, Road Design for a 6 month contract based in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane. The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the investigation, planning, design and documentation of urban transportation infrastructure projects.
- Lead and role model customer focused behaviour by solving the customers issue within level of delegation or escalating for resolution.
- Assist in the investigation, design and documentation of transport infrastructure projects to road and traffic customers.
- Contribute to project delivery by preparing moderately complex designs and drawings for roadworks, bikeways, drainage, and signs and pavement markings.
- Apply relevant design guidelines and legislation requirements to ensure work complies with community standards, meets legal obligations
- Prepare schedules of quantities, estimates and construction documentation.
- Conduct site inspections to obtain field measurements, make relevant observations to advise customers on technical matters.
- Manage personal time, priorities and workload to ensure work is completed on time as agreed with supervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to team direction, give and receive feedback and achieve agreed performance standards in order to contribute to a culture of performance excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with the objective of contributing to the timely delivery of project design in a customer driven, business-like organisation.
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience/exposure to the use of 12D AutoCAD and/or other CAD systems.
- Demonstrated well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in designing civil infrastructure projects including traffic control devices, and ability to investigate and advise on technical issues.
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills.
- Studying to obtain the advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification, or demonstration of equivalent skill and knowledge.