Requesting a Civil with experience for the Nuclear Plant in North Carolina. The individual will perform engineering work for
Civil/Structural projects within the engineering organization. Current qualification at a nuclear utility as a Modification Engineer under an INPO Accredited Program and knowledge of Consolidated Asset Suite for design and work order development is highly desirable.
- Individual will be required to obtain qualifications for a Modification Engineer and Design Verification Engineer prior to working independently.
- Selected individual will act as the Lead Technical and/or Responsible Engineer for assigned projects and in a support capacity on other projects.
- Individual will field follow implementation, develop revisions, complete post modification testing, and turnover of design products.
- Implementation follows a Site schedule and the individual may be required to support the design implementation off normal hours.
- Responsibilities will include design package development, developing conceptual designs and specifications for bidding purposes, evaluating alternatives, technical support during implementation, setpoint development, coordination of design efforts with selected vendors/AEs/designer and conducting design package reviews.
- Design products for civil/structural systems and components, mechanical system supports, component evaluations, and seismic analysis can be expected.
- The individual will be expected to exhibit sound technical judgment and guidance to the engineering and implementation team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (BSCE) or equivalent BS degree with relevant work experience
- 10+ years engineering experience in the nuclear industry with experience inCivil/Structural Design Modification preparation.
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear facility (General Employee Training, Radiation Worker Training, Security Clearance checks and subject to the site’s Fitness for Duty Program)
- Strong oral / written communication skills within a professional environment
- Skilled in the practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Must be able to work in a team environment