Airswift's been tasked with finding a Civil Construction Superintendent with LNG experience to work on an 18-months contract assignment in Sabine Pass.
We're specifically looking for candidates with concrete batch plant operations and civil/structural superintendent experience. They'll be focusing on all aspects of the preparation and execution of structural concrete work for the greenfield construction site on the project and will be expected to support the installation of approx. 300,000 cu. yds of structural concrete installed as both precast and cast-in-place elements and will cover the work from excavation to anchor bolt / pad release and sign-off.
Unique aspects of the work will include the utilization of an on-site batch plant, extensive and complex dewatering efforts, deep sump construction in high water table environments and an emphasize on work sequence.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Champion on-site safety awareness and safe performance with contractor and among Project Team members
- Assist contractor in construction planning/construction planning to ensure sequence and schedule delivery
- Serve as day-to-day interface with contractor and craft labor during the Construction Phase, providing a focus on safety, quality, cost, and schedule
- Provide safety monitoring/leadership
- Interface with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues/progress
- Provide oversight of contractor’s materials management/verification systems
- Ensure compliance with specifications, procedures, and plans
- Monitor workforce productivity and progress relative to schedule
- Monitor environmental compliance, as required
- Interface with contractor for field level changes, e.g., scope, costs, etc.
- Verify post-site arrival of procured equipment and engineering equipment
- Provide on-site support to the Process and Utilities Area Site Leads as required
- Provide support to commissioning/systems completion as required
- Coordinate Quality Audits and other site surveillance activities
- Perform other duties as requested
- Help develop Early Career Professionals
- Technical degree plus 10+ year site experience in civil, structural and piping (preferred) OR High School/Technical Training plus 15+ years construction experience in Civil and Structural Concrete work.
- MUST have Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card or be able to obtain within 30 day of hiring
- Experience with concrete batch plant operations is a must have
- Experience with deep sump and foundation construction and supporting dewatering methodologies
- Familiar with Work Management Systems
- Scheduling experience is recommended