Our Client an International Oil and Gas Operator are looking for a Civil and Structural Engineer to be based in the EPC Contractor’s offices in London. The role will be offered with a 12 month contract and a negotiable daily rate.
As Civil and Structural Engineer you’ll Provide technical service to Project FEED PMT for the review of the FEED design deliverables.
- Civil and Structural Engineering FEED Contractors activities supervision and coordination.
- Project and cost management with liaison with other disciplines involved such as, PVV, Safety and the Assets and Contractors Interfaces.
- Project HSE management system (plans, procedure and specifications) implementation.
- Technical papers preparation to support management position for clarifications/ decisions with regulatory authorities of host countries, other entities or partners.
- Deviation requests coordination to the project referential, in a timely manner and with due
- consideration to cost and schedule.
- Follow up progress and guidance to the contractor.
- HSE Project objectives and directives support.
- Participation in the development of the definition and the design of all civil and structural deliverables including MTO, design specifications, design drawings, design calculations and studies & third-party interfaces including Marine & Tank Subcontractors
- Participation in the review of designs of steel structure, drainage, equipment and building foundations including buildings design and Jetty.
- Support to possible technical queries and derogations to Project specifications related to his/her discipline.
- Structural discipline studies monitoring during engineering (technical, costs, planning, interfaces, reporting).
- Contribution to the evaluation of engineering, procurement, construction, installation and review/approval of deliverables from the design contractor (Engineering drawings, calculation notes, specifications, procedures...).
- Ideally have a degree in Civil Engineering or related subject along with experience gained within Mechanical/Civil Engineering focussing on metallic structures,
- Extensive knowledge of Oil & gas project/industry ideally gained working on onshore projects
- Project experience gained at all life-cycle stages of project development (FEED, Basic and Detailed Engineering, etc) ,
- Experience with Foundation design (shallow and deep foundation), Specification & Material estimates, Design of Complex Steel and Concrete Structures, Modular Design, Containment Structure and Value Engineering,
- CAO/DAO software (in particular AutoCAD©),
- Software for the analysis/calculation of metallic structures (ex: ISYMOST, ROBOT, ANSYS, SACS, SAP2000),
- International Structural codes (i.e. API, AISC, DNV, Eurocode)