Our client is seeking a Chief Accountant to work in Maputo for a 1 year contract!
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Provide full support in coordinating audits, except for the tax audits & to support the team leader in liaison for audit activities between the Company and relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinate with Financial Services Coordinator's (FSC) direction all the financial activities related to JV Partners & the Finance Sub-Committee;
- Responsible for preparing initial draft rebuttal to audit exceptions raised in audit reports (except Tax audits);
- To assist the FSC in review & detailed checking of all the draft statutory reports of the Company as per requirements;
- Responsible for preparing financial statements of the Company;
- To liaise and support the Company and all the other groups within the department;
- To liaise with other departments, stakeholders and other agents
Comply with requirements of Safety, Health and Environmental laws of the Country.
Obey the Company Policy on Safety, Health and Environment and aim at achieving the Company's HSE strategic objectives.
Practice Company's HSE Management System.
Provide safe and healthy conditions of work to subordinate personnel and control over compliance by this personnel with safe and labor protection rules and regulations.
Ensure that staff are adequately trained on the job and in terms of HSE aspects in order to meet HSE targets.
Qualifications & Experience: - Degree in Economy or accounting
Required Competencies & Trainings:
- Excellent knowledge of financial and economic analysis;
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) and IAS;
- Excellent Management Skills; - Excellent Budgeting Skills;
- Excellent financial knowledge both national and international;
- Sound knowledge of the oil & gas industry;
- Excellent SAP Skills; - Sound investment project management skills;
- Knowledge of Marco and Microeconomic Indicators
- Fluency in Portuguese and English