Our client, a leading Chemical company, is seeking a Chemical Process Technician to work within their facilities in Battle Creek, MI for a 1 year contract. This assignment has the opportunity for fulltime placement. Must be available to work with a alternating schedule from day shift to night shift
Essential job functions:
- Safe operation of dry powder batch processes and material handling equipment.
- Hands on manufacturing, interfacing with product, equipment, and team members in activities such as operation of chemical processes, packaging product and other operational activities as assigned.
- identification of and reporting of safety violations or concerns.
- Housekeeping skills, good attendance, and teamwork.
- Demonstrating good safety standards, troubleshooting equipment, operating material handling equipment, chemical processes
- 2 years of solid work experience with food or pharmaceutical processing
- Basic computer skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work 24/7 rotating shifts
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally, able to wear a Pressurized Air Purifying Respirator and able to safely ascend and descend multiple flights of stairs during the shift.
Additional Description: We work a DuPont schedule with alternating weeks of day shift or night shift. * Chemical processing plant * Shifts are 12 hours each.