Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Chemical Engineer (Risk Specialist) to work within their facilities in Houston, TX for an initial 12-month contract, likely to be extended.
Within this position, you will be responsible for overseeing quantitative risk assessments to deliver decision support in the Operational Risk Management and Asset Investment Planning processes.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Accelerate the hazard identification and process hazard analysis sessions using industry standard procedures
- Develop QRA templates in Excel to analyze risk related to pipeline system integrity and reliability
- Supervise quantitative risk assessments (QRAs) employing a combination of Fault Tree Analysis and Event Tree Analysis
- Analyze and estimate a wide range of operational risks affecting financial, safety, operational reliability, environmental and reputational receptors
- Write risk assessment reports to recommend decision-makers based on risk assessment results with some interpretation of established guidelines and risk tolerance criteria
Previous education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 7+ years of relevant industry work experience.
- Experience with Process Hazard Analysis techniques
- Experience with Quantitative Risk Assessments
- Strong understanding of gas pipeline hydraulics, and fundamental topics
- Strong mathematical ability and knowledge of probability and statistics
- Proficiency in use of MS Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook