Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is looking for a Chemical Design Technician Senior to work on a 12-month contract in Chandler, Arizona. See the details below:
- Motivated, self-starting Process Piping Designer or CAD Administrator with strong communication skills and attention to procedures and helping others learn.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the layout of process and mechanical equipment and associated piping design.
- Advanced user of Cadworx 3D design software and Navisworks.
- Must be well organized, familiar with Microsoft Office products, and able to work in a hybrid office/remote environment.
- Microelectronics or pharmaceutical experience is a plus.
- Experience with pipe installation details, pipe supports, and creating CADWorx spec libraries is a plus.
- Candidates with 5-8 years of experience will be considered if they have been in a CAD/BIM support role for teams.
- Create equipment and piping models in 3D software under the direction of Lead Designers.
- Coordinate with other piping designers and other disciplines working in the models.
- Work with a team of designers, drafters, and engineers to develop 2D piping plans.
- The position also requires field support activities and maybe on the client site.
- Disseminates published BIM/CAD Standards to the Process Piping Team.
- Enforce BIM/CAD Standards of the project and provide constructive feedback plus assistance to the project team to help comply with standards.
- Support - AutoCad / Cadworxs / Automation tools / Navisworks
- Attentive to Meetings and information - able to relay information to the Team effectively in remote and office environments.
- First line of Quality Assurance for 3D Models and their CAD compliance with established standards.
- Liaison between Design Automation Group and Process Piping Team.
- Works with Project Assistants and Discipline Leads to organize deliverables for transfers.
- Personable - able to communicate directly without causing chaos or confusion.
- Able to provide constructive feedback and help others learn the correct procedures in a collaborative and inclusive manner.
- Will be working with an engineering design team on high-tech industrial manufacturing facility projects.
Due to COVID, this will be a hybrid office/remote work environment. Candidates will be required to work from home 2-3 days a week, with the balance of time at a client site.