Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking to hire a Change Management Advisor to support Asset Development in a 5 months contract position in Whitecourt, Alberta.
- The Change Management Advisor is responsible for managing and advising on a portfolio of initiatives that are on the strategic roadmap for operations. The role is responsible for scoping, aligning, and managing these initiatives while enabling leader-led change across the portfolio. This role works with and through operations leadership to help them be effective change leaders. This role will also interface with project/program managers and SMEs as needed to manage project risk solution adoption.
- Translates of Ops strategic direction and EFIs into a holistic program
- Helps Ops prepare for and sustain Operate by Exception (OBE)
- Advising on program management practice within Ops, including methodology and tools
- Support ongoing communication efforts
- Build and strengthen relationships with leaders across Ops and other organizations interfacing with Ops
- Works with leaders to identify, diagnose and manage stakeholder impacts
- Works with leaders to develop intervention strategies and may be asked to support and facilitate conflict mediation for contentious issues
- Negotiates and brokers working relationships between parts of the organization as required
- 10+ years of operations and communications change management experience required
- Previous Oil/Gas change management experience required
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Problem solving and ability to identify, disaggregate and apply analytical thinking to complex problems
- High level of emotional intelligence; able to deal with sensitive issues
- High degree of business acumen; can understand Ops strategic priorities and translate them into concrete actions
- Ability to constantly re-balance competing priorities while focusing on delivering concrete results
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences and channels (verbally and in writing)
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Office, Visio, MS Project, SharePoint administration experience required.
- Previous Chevron CPMS experience would be a plus/strongly desired